Friday, October 26, 2012

Pink.

On the last Friday of every month, we have a dress down day at work. The purpose is twofold: (1) We get to wear more casual clothes, and (2) we have the opportunity to support a charity.
 
This month, our dress down day fell on "Wear it Pink Day," which is Breast Cancer Campaign's biggest fundraiser. So naturally, we've been asked to wear pink.


The problem is I don't own anything pink. Not a single thing.
 
Okay, that's a lie. My Hillsong Kids Team t-shirt is pink. But that's a little too casual for the office...even on a dress down day.
 
I couldn't just not wear pink, though, because I didn't want my office to think that I hated breast cancer awareness. That would be bad. So I went out and bought a simple fitted tee that was only slightly more expensive than a cup of coffee. Not bad.
 
Now, I should probably also mention that I've seen Mean Girls more times than I care to admit. So many times that I can quote it -- not just the memorable quotes, either. If you put that film on mute, I'm fairly confident I could recite the entire script as it played. Which means that, obviously, a slew of Mean Girls references came to mind when I found out we were supposed to wear pink. Especially since when we found out, one of the women in my office was upset because she happened to be wearing pink that day -- two days early. Now, if you're a Mean Girls fan, you probably know where I'm going with this. That's right. It was a Wednesday...
 
 
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that things would be so much easier if I just had a Damien in my life to lend me a giant pink polo or something. Unfortunately, I don't.
 
Oh well. At least I got to wear jeans to the office.
 
Happy Friday!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment