Sunday, October 7, 2012

So looking forward to fall.

You'll never believe what just happened.
 
You may remember my post from last year when I discovered that pumpkin spice lattes didn't exist in the UK, and I had to make my own. As cool (and tasty) as my homemade pumpkin spice lattes may have been, they just weren't the same.
 
Fast-forward one year.
 
I'm strolling down Sutton High Street during my lunch hour, and as I walk past Starbucks, I see this:
 
Isn't it beautiful?
 
The pumpkin spice latte is finally making its UK debut.
 
I stop and stare. I can't believe it. I'm so excited. I have to take a picture.
 
And while I'm taking a picture, one of the baristas walks out with a tray full of mini pumpkin spice lattes. Samples! I calmly walk (read: dash) over to her, where she's trying (and kind of failing) to explain what exactly it is she's serving to a bunch of people who have sadly never experienced the gloriousness that is contained within those itty bitty cups. I say, "Pumpkin spice latte?" and she answers with a nod. I then look at the confused individuals who are clearly hesitant to try it, and explain that they absolutely must have one -- that it is wonderful and will change their lives and that I've missed it so much ever since I moved here.
 
They were a bit bewildered by my unbridled enthusiasm, but that's fine.
 
And then I turned and walked away, sipping my pumpkin spice latte and so looking forward to fall.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment