Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Treat yourself.

So there's this saying that's been floating around the Internet lately:



I think it's supposed to be some sort of motivational/self control/weight loss mantra or something.
Well guess what. I'm not buying it.

Consider birthdays. People decided a long time ago that the best way to celebrate surviving another year was with cake. And ice cream. And (if you're from my neck of the woods) a piñata full of candy. 

 So of course I'm going to reward myself with food. I like food. And if I do something big like, say, finish my master's degree, I'm definitely going to treat myself to something beautiful and indulgent.

Something like this gorgeous Black Forest gâteau...

And I won't feel even the slightest bit sorry about it. Because what else would I reward myself with? And because taste buds are a blessing, so I'm going to make the most of them. And because dessert makes me happy.

I don't care that I'm not a dog. Besides, dogs can't have chocolate anyway.

So the next time that you do something that's worth celebrating, celebrate. Treat yourself. 

It's the right thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment