Friday, August 26, 2011

Lipstick.

I'm typically a t-shirt and shorts kind of gal, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised when people mistake me for a high schooler.  But there are days when I actually want to look 23.

Today was one.

There was a cosmetics sale at the drugstore here, so I stocked up on lipstick. I don't usually wear lipstick. I'm kind of afraid of lipstick. But I really want to be able to pull it off. Then I remembered that the people who can pull off stuff like that are the ones who go ahead and wear it. So I bought a few shades (the less-than-safe kinds) and tried it on. Though I did sort of feel like a little girl playing dress up with her mom's makeup, I actually kind of liked it.

But I still chickened out and took it off before leaving the house. Then I thought about how no one will know me in the UK (absolutely no one) and how I'll be free to do things I wouldn't do, like wear bright lipstick. So made what I predict will be the first of many London Resolutions:

"Wear lipstick."

Like this.
(Please note our bathroom's
sweet dolphin wallpaper.)


We'll see if I'm brave enough to stick with it once I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment