Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday randoms - Olympics edition.

Happy August! Yeah, it's August...already. I know I say that like every month, but it's crazy to think that I've been living abroad for almost 11 months now.

I'm starting to really dislike NBC's prime time tyranny, because it severely limits my freedom to post about the outcome of Olympic events. I get excited watching the US women's gymnastics team win the all around team competition, and start to give them a Twitter shout out...then I realize no one at home (aka 90% of my Twitter followers) haven't seen it yet, and I don't want to ruin it for them. Lame.

Guess who got to hold an Olympic torch. That's right. This girl.



If you're here for the Olympics, or just planning to visit. Here are some good tips on how to blend in.

I was so so so excited to see the US women completely rock the team final (as in, I may have gotten teary-eyed). They were really incredible. It's especially fun, because the last time the US won gold in the event was at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, and I was there. Now, I'm here in London and they win again. I think I'm good luck. How about an honorary gold medal, ladies?

Speaking of gymnastics, You've probably already seen this video, as it's kind of exploded onto the scene recently. But it's maybe the funniest Olympics vid yet...

Still on that topic (can you tell which Olympic sport has my heart?), I feel like beam mounts used to be so much more creative. These days, they just hop up and start their routines, but I remember when the mount used to be a major part of the routine. Can we bring that back, ladies?



This also made me laugh. She's just so cute, bless her. And I'm sure I'd be making those faces too if I were made to stay up past midnight at 86 years old.

Did anyone watch the men's beach volleyball game between the US and South Africa? One of the South African guys was named "Freedom," so of course we joked about how it was the US vs. Freedom. And when the US won, there was plenty said about how Freedom didn't stand a chance against the US, and how we destroyed/defeated Freedom. It got pretty ridiculous, but it sure was fun.

Found this article about the medals race between US and China, and definitely laughed out loud. 

That's all for this week. Hope you're enjoying London 2012 as much as I am!
  

1 comment:

  1. Or you're like me and watch them online. Therefore I am able to share in your excitement! I mean I have to watch most Manchester United matches online, so at least I don't have to find a stream the Games from a shady website. However, live television coverage would be great.

    ReplyDelete