Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Seven goals and 122 minutes later...

I don't care if you don't like football/soccer. You owe it to yourself to watch last night's epic semifinal match between the US and Canada. It was completely unreal.

Canada was leading 1-0 at half, when I decided to Skype with my mom. When I tuned back in, I found I had missed three (THREE) goals, and it was tied 2-2. Both Canada and the US scored once more before regulation time was up, making it 3-3 and extending the game another half hour.  

Having played 120 minutes, the game was still tied at 3-3. Then, with just 30 seconds to go before penalties, Alex Morgan got her head on a long cross, putting it just over the keeper and into the goal. 

Morgan celebrating her game-winning goal.


The whole game the play was quality -- high-energy and aggressive, with both teams battling it out till the very end. (Plus, the girls don't dive half as often as the guys, which is nice.) So exciting.

Seriously. Go watch it.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment