Sunday, June 3, 2012

God Save the Queen.

We got handed flags when we walked into church today. So fun for a foreigner like me. And then there was this great performance to celebrate the Queen (as it's her Diamond Jubilee) that included trumpeters, an electric guitar version of the national anthem, and some crazy dance moves.

As the pastor was leading us in a prayer for the Queen and the country, he said this: "If you're from this country, she's your Queen. And if you're not from this country...well she's the Queen." The Queen. Lisa and I had a good little laugh about that.

 

Also, can we just talk about how we totally stole Britain's national anthem? Whenever I hear "God Save the Queen," I can't help but sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee."

Also also, you know how if you write something enough, it starts to look weird? Well that's what's happening to me with the word "Queen." I think if I type it one more time, it won't even seem like a real word anymore.

Queen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment