Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Thoughts on getting to Italy:

Airports are great. There's a never ending stream of people to watch, which is probably one of my favorite pastimes.

My plane didn't have a row 13. Guess they were superstitious. But just because you don't label it doesn't mean it's not there. So even though I was seated in row 14, I know what row it really was...

The Linate airport at Milan is more of a shopping mall than an airport. I know that all airports have little shops things, but this takes that to the extreme. You legitimately have to walk through stores to get to the gates.



The flight attendants would make two sets of announcements, first in Italian, then in English. But sometimes their accent was so thick that I wasn't sure which language they were speaking. Italian English just sounds like Italian.

Gnocchi is delicious.

We met up with my friend's classmates, and all they wanted to do was go to an English pub. On my first night in Italy. Seriously?

It's got little English flags and a sign for fish and chips.
So you know it's legit.

When you think you're too full for gelato, you're wrong. There's always room for gelato.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment