Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

The other day, I was asked how to make a particular sweet treat, which meant that, for the first time in my life (though hopefully not the last!), I got to give directions that started with, "Bake a whole cake." How fun is that?

You know those red solo cups that you see everywhere in the States? When I first moved here, I had a conversation with my flatmates about them. They were wondering if they were as prolific as TV made them seem. I told them yes. Of course. They're everywhere...especially in college. Well guess what, guys. They've made it to London...

Who knew these were such a big deal?

This was a pretty interesting read. I knew those parakeets I saw at Richmond Park weren't just somebody's escaped pets!

I've been applying for jobs like crazy lately. It's not the most enjoyable thing ever, but I actually don't mind it as much as most. I actually like cover letters. Editing and tailoring information to fit a specific audience is what I like to do (and what I hope to do), so it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the waiting game. It can be tough to be patient.

I used to hate broccoli, so I never dreamed that something like this would have such a negative impact on my life. But it does.


One awesome thing about working with kids is it pretty much requires that you buy art supplies and get your craft on. I'm loving it. There's something incredibly therapeutic about coloring.

Good news! It looks like we might actually get some summery weather next week! And it's about time. So cross your fingers for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment