Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Well, life's been pretty slow lately, but here are some randoms nonetheless:

We've started watching Pride and Prejudice. I say "started watching" instead of "watched," because it's the BBC version that's like forever long. But Collin Firth makes such a perfect Mr. Darcy that it doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but I'm fairly certain that the Pizza Hut pizzas here are smaller than in the States.

I think I've finally found a church. I went to Hillsong in central London this weekend, and loved it. It reminded me so much of ACC in Waco, so it kind of felt like home.

I'm also hoping to help out with the children's ministry there -- I used to work with kids all the time, and I seriously miss it!

On the way back from church, a woman stopped me on the street to ask how I'd done my hair. It was really funny, because as I was explaining it to her (which is really hard to do using only words!), she circled around me, trying to figure it out. It looked like this (except not as perfectly executed):

(from loveMaegan)

Anyway, it's really not as hard as it looks, but no one ever believes me when I say that. But once she left, another lady asked me about it, and we ended up chatting a while till the bus came. So yay for conversation-starting hairstyles!

I'm going to Manchester with my flatmate this weekend. We'll be there almost a whole week, so I'm pretty excited. Also, there's a Manchester United game on Sunday, and she's warned me explained that her whole fam is just as crazy for ManU as she is...so it should be quite interesting!

Remember how I said I'm getting better at understanding British accents? Well after watching some stand up comedy here, I take it back! I had to concentrate really hard to make out what the guy was saying, and half the time even if I did understand, the joke was lost on me because I'd be unfamiliar with whatever cultural reference he made. Still, the little I did get was pretty hilarious. I love British humor...super sarcastic. My kind of people.

Well, that's it for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment