Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Preserving memories are important. Some people scrapbook. Others have diaries. 

I keep a quote book.

I've had it for almost 5 years now, and it's mostly filled with hilarious things my friends say (because my friends spend most of their time being very, very funny). Many of the entries in my quote book won't mean anything to people outside my circle of friends, but occasionally, there are some universally laughter-inducing lines. Moving to London has given me the opportunity to make quite a few new entries. I'm going to share some of them with you now.

Random sayings from my time here:

"You're different enough."

"I'm all alone in a baby onesie, and you're...just go. Get out."

-"A real live American!"
-"We finally got one!"

"If you'd have come in at that moment, you'd have found a lot of nakedness."

"Oh my gosh. Hannah's cake...I've murdered it. She's gonna open the fridge and find a massacre. Who can I say I shared it with?"

"You have great cheekbones. Have you ever considered becoming a ballerina?"

"I'm going to hug myself."

-"I don't want anyone to look at me like I'm a piece of meat."
-"Well I'm vegetarian, so I'd look at you like a piece of lettuce."

"I would love to speak Shakespearean English all the time. I say 'good morrow' every now and then."

"I realized my behavior was unacceptable, and all I had to offer was pears." 

"That's a lot of cake..." 

"His voice is like chocolate. Smooth and milky with a bit of sugar...lots of sugar." 

-"Guess who didn't get cream on her gingerbread latte..."
-"Don't tell on me!"
-"Okay, I'll make it ambiguous. Guess which American..."

"I'm kicking my chocolate habit. I haven't eaten chocolate in, oh, 24 hours."

"I'm a cheap date. I keep saying this, but I've got no offers."

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I miss you the most when I'm listening to songs like 'The quiet things that no one ever knows,' and I realize that only half the song is getting sung."

That last one is more sentimental than funny. Sorry. Well, that's all for now. But I'm sure there will be plenty more, and probably soon. I'm lucky. I live with really funny people. Happy Wednesday, friends!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment