Sunday, January 29, 2012

Roundabouts.

Sure, we have them where I'm from. But, my goodness, they're everywhere here. It's like the entire country decided that they'd try to save money by foregoing stoplights for roundabouts...or something.

It takes about 9 minutes to drive from Hannah's house to Marks & Spencer (a retailer here). In those 9 minutes, we went through 7(!!!) roundabouts. It was outta control.

And despite experiencing them many, many times since I've been here, I just can't get used to it. I still have a slight moment of panic when we turn left instead of right. This is especially true when I'm in a car, where I'm closer to the road/other drivers than I am on the top level of a double decker bus. My life flashes before my eyes.

(Terrifying, isn't it?)

So the moral of the story is, as much as I miss driving, it's probably a really good thing I don't have a car here.

No comments:

Post a Comment