Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inside, looking out.

 Sunshine, blue skies, and only the slightest breeze. It's an absolutely beautiful day. 

And I'm stuck staring out the window. Not going outside.

Okay, so that might not be entirely true. I made a Tesco run and checked that mail, so technically, I have left the flat today. But that's it.

Sunny days make me want to run and jump. They make me want to go on long walks and play tennis and wear dresses. But there's too much to do, so I can't. Well, I guess I can still wear dresses. So there's that.

Over the next week and a half, I've got two presentations to put together, plus I've got to design a practical project. And since we haven't really been given any guidelines ("just do something that has to do with one of the lectures"), I'm essentially starting from scratch. Once I figure out exactly what I want to focus on, I should be fine. But that's the problem. I'm interested in too many things. I've seriously changed my idea for my intercultural communication class 3 times in the past week. 

The good news is, after mid March, I won't have as many classes to attend. Sure, I'll still have plenty of reading and writing (soooo much writing) to do, but I can do that outside. And I will.

But for now, I'll just have to be content staring out the window. And maybe if I position my chair just right, I can manage to be sitting in the sun...even though I'm still stuck inside, looking out.

I feel ya, Calvin.

Bring on the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment