Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

My Wednesdays start early. Thankfully, they also end early, so I usually have time for a nap. I know. I'm a grandma.

Last week marked 6 months since I moved in. Crazy.

Whenever I'm listening to something like Spotify, and an advert comes on, it's got a British accent. When I was home for Christmas, that wasn't the case. I still find it funny.

Also, the adverts on other web sites are just as British, using words like "mum" and speaking in terms of stones and pounds (the money kind, not the weight kind). Like these:




I finally got one of my marks back from last semester. I'm pretty happy with it. But it's the other one (the one I'm still waiting for, a month and a half later) that I'm mildly terrified about.

I don't wear a lot of makeup. Just your basics. But I realized the other day that the only stuff I wear (at least on a regular basis) is CoverGirl. It's all I've ever really worn. And I still haven't been able to find here. Uh oh.

(Just FYI, CoverGirl isn't paying me to say this or anything. Unfortunately.)

Hannah made us pancakes for tea (dinner) on Shrove Tuesday. So yummy! Also, I've volunteered to join her in giving up Digestives for Lent (I'm not Catholic, just supportive), which will probably be pretty difficult. It's strange how something I didn't know existed 6 months ago can be such a big part of my life now. But I guess that's what happens when you move. So I'm really glad she didn't decide to give up tea...

Oh, and a big congrats to my Baylor Lady Bears! Still undefeated, and now Big 12 champs! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment