Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

First of all, happy Leap Year! (Or is it Leap Day? I don't know...)

From someecards.

Up until today, the weather has been pretty wonderful. So I've started running again. The thing about running is, I love how I feel afterward, but I completely forget about that shortly thereafter. Without fail, the next time I try to drag myself out of bed for a run, I'm overwhelmed by this horrible sense of dread by even the thought of running. Half the time, I don't make it out the door. It's a battle every single time.

I seriously miss pick up trucks. Is that weird? I've only seen a handful here, and they're all commercial vehicles.

This week was my monthly UKBA check-in. Basically, the Border Agency doesn't trust that I'm actually attending classes, so they make me swipe my ID card with university staff once a month to prove it*. However, they send me a notification a week in advance, so if I happened to be in Spain (or anywhere, really), I could just arrange to be back in time to check in. Major flaw in the system, there.

My grandpa sent me a Valentine!

Isn't he the sweetest?

I'm doing a research paper on flaming online, which means I have to read through pages and pages of YouTube comments in search of the awful ones. It kind of makes you lose faith in humanity...if not just for the considerable lack of grammar.

Sometimes when I think about the amount of coursework I have to do this semester, I have a mild panic attack. And then I eat a piece of chocolate (or five) and watch an episode (or five) of How I Met Your Mother, and I'm okay again. Kind of counterproductive, but hey, it works for me.

That's all for now! Tomorrow is March. Can you believe it??

------------------

*Just to be clear, it's not just me that they don't trust. It's everyone. I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment