Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Classes are once again in full swing. We had a meeting about our dissertations today. It made me a little panicky. Mostly because I have no idea what to write about, and it seems like most everyone else does.

Lisa and I wandered around London after church on Sunday. This prompted two big realizations: (1) I love knowing the currency. Even though my accent makes it clear that I'm not from here, at least I no longer struggle to read the coins while the barista waits for my £2.95. (2) The mere existence of the Tube means I never have to worry about getting lost. Oh, I have no idea where I am? Find the nearest Underground station and navigate from below. Awesome.

The weather turned cold cold cold all of the sudden. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that biting wind. Apparently, there's snow in the forecast, but I'm a little doubtful...

I was recently bullied into baking chocolate chip cookies. No, really. Two of my neighbo(u)rs stormed my kitchen demanding to know why I hadn't baked anything recently. Never mind that I'd made cinnamon rolls just two days prior. But Lord knows I love to bake, so I obliged.

The Super Bowl is this Sunday, so we're trying to figure out where we can watch it. We've found a pub near(ish) by that will have it on, but kickoff isn't till 11pm, and it'll cost us around £10 to get in. Plus, since it's being broadcast by the BBC, we'll miss out on the commercials (boooooo). But nonetheless, I really don't want to miss it. So hopefully we can make it work.

And, finally, I really really want to make this. Like, right now.

Happiest of Wednesdays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment