Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's a small world after all.

Tonight was great. I went into central London with some of the girls from my church, and ended up meeting some really fun new people. I also met a professional stunt motorcyclist.

But that wasn't even the most exciting part. (I know, right? What could be better than that?)

As we were grabbing our coats to leave, my friend dragged me over to this group of people. "You have to meet this guy," she said. "He's from Texas!" I'm always happy to meet a fellow American, especially one from a state I love, so I went to introduce myself. Then it got awesome. This is how it went down:


Yes. We knew each other. Both of us had worked at Pine Cove Towers camp the same summer. I didn't recognize him because he didn't have facial hair back then. And I'm only speculating, but I'll bet he didn't recognize me because at camp I didn't shower that often, usually sported a hat, and never wore makeup. But the funniest part was what ensued after we figured out we knew each other. You see, at Pine Cove, all the staff go by camp names. You get named before summer gets underway, and that's your name forever and ever amen. So there are quite a few people I worked with for summers -- 24 hours a day for 13 weeks in a row -- and I don't necessarily remember their real names.

Anyway, this was our conversation:

Me: "Pine Cove? Towers?"
Him: "Yes... (Points at himself) Meatballs!"
Me: (Pointing at myself and kind of freaking out) "Visa!"

And then we hugged. I'm sure people thought we were absolutely insane.

But it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment