Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Today started off with a sweet, sweet email from one of my favorite people ever. So I just knew it was gonna be a good one. And it was. But then again, Wednesdays usually are for some reason.

I found out my draft proposal for my dissertation is due in just over two weeks. Aaaaaand panic.

Traffic lights here are slightly different than at home, in that there's a yellow light after the red light (before it turns green) too. It's weird.

I found out that "braces" does not mean what I thought it did. We were watching this music video, and Hannah pointed out how cute one of the guys looked in his braces. I argued that none of them had braces. Apparently she meant suspenders. Except, here, suspenders hold up ladies hosiery -- they're garter belts. So be careful how you use that word...

We read an article in class today on gender stereotypes called, "Women don't eat pizza." So I came home and made some. And now, I will eat it. Take that, sexism.

Recipe here. And trust me, you've got to try it.

I still haven't gotten any grades back from my modules last semester. I just want to know what I got. But I also don't want to know at all. But I have to know. Just tell me already. 

Boy bands seem to [still] be really popular here.

I really wanted Mexican food the other day, but I was feeling kind of lazy, so I settled on taco salad. (No, Pine Cove friends, it wasn't a Wednesday. Sorry.) But there are no Mexican cheese options -- like the jack, asadero, colby medleys I'm used to. Just cheddar. So many different kinds of cheddar. Which also made the layered dip we had for the Super Bowl party not so authentic. Oh, and the salsa is super sweet. But we made do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment