Monday, September 12, 2011

Au revoir, Paris.

And hello, London!

I woke up in Paris this morning. Now it's time for bed, and I'm in London. Weird. Though I seriously enjoyed our few days in France, it was so refreshing to actually be able to read signs once we stepped off the Eurostar this afternoon.

Speaking of, I highly recommend the train from Paris to London. Super easy. 

Guess what's happening here next summer.
Something to note, though, is that if you travel through France or the UK, be prepared for a LOT of stairs. Elevators (lifts) are few and far between. I mean, seriously, what are you supposed to do if you're in a wheelchair...or lugging a 50lb suitcase?? In other words, travel lightly. Don't be like me. Unless you're moving here. In which case, it's TOTALLY APPROPRIATE for you to be dragging a giant bag up the stairs, and no, people staring, I'm not that girl who brings 17 different outfits for a weekend getaway.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, we took the Tube and another little train into Kingston. After that, we had planned to walk to our hotel, since it wasn't too far, according to a nice man who gave us directions. However, that man came half-jogging back to us a block later to suggest a bus line. That ended up being perfect, since our day pass covered the fare.

The really helpful bus driver dropped us off about a block from our hotel, though the stop wasn't technically part of his usual route.

And now we're here. And I've got enrollment (spelled enrolment, here) tomorrow. I've got butterflies like it's the first day of kindergarten. What if I get lost? What if I everybody hates me? Where do I go? What do I wear?

You know, the usual.

Wish me luck!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment