Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to school.

I had induction last week. I had no idea what that meant till I got there.

Turns out it's an introduction to your program. You meet the faculty and the other students and essentially get a crash course on what the year's gonna look like. Our course looks like 4 hours a week (only!) with plenty of time devoted to outside reading/study. It also looks like 26 people, though only 12 showed up to induction, 11 of which were girls.

But like my living situation, my program is incredibly diverse. Of the 12 people there, two were from India, two from the UK, and the others were from France, Germany, Bulgaria, Malaysia, Switzerland, Cypress, Iran, and I was the only American.

It's funny, because I fully expected to be one of the only foreigners. But I love it. And it will make my Intercultural Communication class that much more relevant/exciting.

My classes start Monday, so I've got to get back into school mode. Hopefully that year I took off didn't completely ruin my study habits. I bought a couple spiral notebooks today, so that counts for something, right?

Who am I kidding? I was excited about those spirals, and I've already started reading for my Thursday class. I'm just as much a nerd as I ever was.

Bring on the learning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment