Monday, September 26, 2011

Butterflies-slash-pterodactyls.

I'm officially a grad student. I've got the homework to prove it.

It was a good first day, though. I had political communication, advocacy and campaigning (which was an optional/elective module I picked).  There was an hour-long lecture, then an hour break, and an hour-long seminar. Our professor (tutor) is a funny little French man named Francois who has a round Santa belly and throws his head back when he laughs.

I like him already.

A girl from my hall is in the same class. And she's also in my media theory class. This was quite unexpected, as we're not in the same program. It turns out she picked my core module for her option, and I picked hers for mine. We figured this out this morning at the bus stop, then we rode to campus together and sat next to each other in class.

Having a familiar face there helped to tame the butterflies-slash-pterodactyls* that had taken over my tummy like it was the first day of kindergarten. So that was nice.

In other news, Baylor won last weekend, I bought some baking stuff, and my dad got his ticket to come visit me in November.

So I'm quite a happy girl.

-----------
*For the record, I spelled 'pterodactyls' right the first time and I didn't even need help from spell check. Master's degree, here I come.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment