Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

Your weekly dose of random:

I found candy corn. Bentalls American food section to the rescue!

All the school kids here wear uniforms. And not just the polos and khakis type uniforms, but proper blazers and ties uniforms. It's adorable.

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday, so when people start listening to Christmas music November 1, it makes me sad. But since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, it's just outright depressing. The town centre shopping area was decked out in tinsel and lights at least a week before Halloween. Seriously?! Now I'm even more determined to make my hall (or at least my flatmates) celebrate Thanksgiving with me.

This has got to be one of the least effective ads I've seen in a long time:

Seriously? His mom probably makes him cinnamon rolls every morning.


The kid needs to look a little more emaciated for this to be convincing. He clearly has never gone without breakfast. But he is cute. So there's that.

Hyundai is pronounced "hy-un-dai" here. I did a huge double take the first time I heard that. But then again, they all thought I was crazy to call it "hun-day."

This weekend is Baylor Homecoming. I know that homecomings are typically a high school thing, but they're a big (and magical) deal at Baylor. It seems like everyone comes back, there's a huuuuuge parade with ah-mazing floats, a giant bonfire, Pigskin and of course football. Last year was my first time as an alum, and I'm so sad to miss it. But I've already made plans to skype with my soul friends. I'm super psyched to get to talk to them all at once, even if I'm a little bummed I don't actually get to be there with them.

You really should make these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They're big, fluffy and are basically like fall in your mouth. Best ever.

Aaaaand, the BEST news of all: I get to go home for Christmas! I wasn't planning to, since my brother was going to visit. But then he had to switch to Easter, and I was going to be here by myself. Not anymore! I've got a flight home December 18th. My mom is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment