Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Because, technically, I'm here to get a degree.

Ugh. I just finished my final exam essays...I think. My brain is kind of fuzzy, so bear with me.

See what a wreck my desk is? It's pretty much representative of my brain right about now. 
Just a bunch of random stuff all over the place. And don't judge me for that empty bag of candy corn.

I had "finished" these essays last Thursday, since I knew I wouldn't even want to think about them while I was in Dublin. That would have worked out beautifully if I wasn't such a perfectionist when it came to writing. My "one last look" turned into reworking entire sections, and here I am, the night before it's due, finally deciding it's done.

At least until I look at it again tomorrow morning. Somebody stop the madness.

The biggest issue is that I've got a tiny little word count to work with, and the questions are broad and could seriously go in a thousand different directions. So I've got to decide which [relevant and possibly majorly important] theories to leave out and then pray they weren't the ones my lecturer was thinking of when she penned the question. I was a couple hundred words over my limit even after the plus 10% allowance, so I channeled my inner journalist and cut out a ton of unnecessary (though I was certain they were all pretty necessary when I wrote the first few drafts...) words. I'm finally within the limit. And a whopping 39 words under, at that! 

The other issue was that I'm used to the MLA system of referencing, and this baby's gotta be done in Harvard style. So I'm learning as I go, and every guide I find does it a little differently. Dumb.

Yeah. I think I'll stick with MLA, thanks.

Oh well. It'll all be over with tomorrow, and then I'm going to central London to play tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment