Monday, November 7, 2011

Treasures from the New World.


Dad arrived today! I met him at Heathrow, and since (1) I had never been there before, (2) he wouldn't have access to a phone (dumb international fees) and (3) I had a presentation to give the same afternoon, I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. But it all went smoothly -- apart from his little almost-falling-down-the-escalator incident, but we won't talk about that -- and now he's here! Plus, he brought me gifts from a distant land! Peter Pan peanut butter, Nestle bittersweet chocolate chips, canned pumpkin, and other treasures from the New World! Pretty much the things that don't exist here or are super expensive since they're "fancy American stuff." 

Yes, that's the technical term.

Opening that suitcase was like Christmas Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment