Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

It might sound cheesy, but I really do like it when people actually take time to be deliberately thankful during Thanksgiving. I imagine the world would be a better place if we didn't limit this to one little day in the month of November. So in honor of the holiday, this segment of Wednesday randoms will be devoted to thank-you's.

Thank you, mom and dad, for encouraging me when I said I'd like to study abroad. I know loads of parents who would have done just the opposite, and I'm so grateful for your love and support. Plus, that you've both come to visit has meant more to me than I could ever properly express. Love you.

Thank you, brother, for growing into a man of God I can look up to (and not just because you're taller). I respect you so much, and I'm unbelievably proud of you. Also, you're really funny.

Thank you, soul friends, for continuing to come up with hilarious inside jokes despite the thousands of miles between us. I never laugh harder than when I'm with you...even if it's just via email (which gets me weird looks all the time, but it's totally worth it.)

Thank you, technology, for allowing me to stay connected with the people I love.

Thank you, Malden Hall, for being full of crazy, fun, ridiculous characters who've become like family to me in these past two months. I couldn't have asked for better flatmates and new friends.

Thank you, Kingston University staff, for putting me in classes with some of the sweetest girls I've ever met. And they're smart, too!

Thank you, Baylor, for still feeling like home. And for having such an exciting football season. Can't wait for basketball to get rolling.

Thank you, weather, for abstaining from downpours and all around dreariness. I expected so much worse and have been pleasantly surprised.

Thank you, food blogs, for providing me with the recipes that make people think I actually know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

Thank you, year, for giving me more ups than downs, more laughter than tears, and more sweets than vegetables.

And, finally, PTL! Seriously though. Jesus, you are kind and gracious, and you're faithful when I'm not. I'm humbled and grateful that you care for me, and it would be no exaggeration to say that I'm blessed beyond measure.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances..." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
   

No comments:

Post a Comment