Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

And here we are. Wednesday again. And mid-March, too! Time flies, doesn't it?

Something you've got to know if you ever spend time here is the letter "x". Why? Because it's a kiss, and people use it alllllll the time. I was familiar with "xoxo," but even then, it's not that common to see at home. Here, it's pretty much included in every message. Text, email, Facebook post...it doesn't matter. For example: "See you tomorrow!xx" There's just so much love going around over here!

Okay, real talk. Deodorant. We all wear it. (I hope...) But I, like most Americans (I assume), am most familiar with the solid kind that twists up from the bottom. And when I say "most familiar," I mean, that's all I've ever used. So imagine my surprise when I went to buy some and saw this:

My choices are limited to the few hiding in the bottom corner...

Yes, spray deodorant is the norm here. Weird.

My friend Kathy was in the country this week doing touristy stuff, so we grabbed dinner the other night. We met at Baylor my freshman year, when she walked up and said, "I see you everywhere. Hi, I'm Kathy." So it was great that the whole seeing each other everywhere also applies when we're living on different continents. It was so good to get to spend time with someone from home. Oh, and another thing about Kathy: she meets celebrities everywhere she goes. And London was no exception. I've lived here for seven months, and haven't seen a single famous person (not that I'm aware of, anyway). She was in the country for like three days, and she somehow managed to meet and get a picture with Zach Braff. How??

It's March Madness time! So exciting! Baylor women are #1 in the nation (undefeated, still!), and the men got a pretty decent seed. I'm pumped! And, yes, I'm definitely forking over the $3.99 to get all the games on demand online. Can't even wait.

Also, a quick shout out to my incredible mom, whose birthday was Monday! She's the best. And to Kim as well, who's 24 today. Happy mid-twenties, soul friend! You don't look a day over 23. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment