Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

Is it really Wednesday already? I have a hard time knowing what day it is when I'm not in class.

It's been sunny all week, so I've spent a lot of time outdoors, which I love. I especially love the days when I can convince someone to go play tennis with me. But the other day, we found something out...something that was not so pleasant. Apparently, most of the tennis courts here, despite being found in public parks, are not free. Even the ones we'd gone to like 5 times without ever paying. It costs like £6, and there's a time limit. Lame. But we did end up finding some nearby courts that are free. At least we're pretty sure they're free. So that's good.

This made me laugh out loud. Single ladies out there, take note.

This phrase has been floating around the Internet lately. Till I moved to London, I'd have definitely agreed. But now? Not so sure. Because have you ever heard a Liverpool accent? You don't want to sound like that.

Let's clarify...which British accent do you mean?

My building had a barbeque last night. Let it be known that, here, "barbeque" does not involve barbeque sauce. It's just grilling out. But it was a lot of fun.

This weekend is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It's to celebrate her 60 years as monarch. And accordingly, London is covered in red, white and blue (the Union Jack kind, not the Stars and Bars kind) right now. There's bunting (I had to learn what that meant from Sheila) everywhere, and all the shops are filled with patriotic gear. Not to mention this sweet portrait of the Queen made out of Legos.


And, best of all, two of my favorite people will be visiting me this weekend! Countdown to glorious reunion at 9am on Friday starts now. I can barely handle the excitement. Can't wait to see ya, Alexis and Phil! Forget hugs, I'm gonna tackle you with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment