Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday randoms.

I met a Texan on the Tube this weekend. Even though Tube etiquette necessitates that no one make eye contact, let alone speak to anyone else, I noticed his Texas A&M hat and just had to ask. "I'm sorry, but did you actually go to A&M?" His response: "Well, yes ma'am, I did." Ma'am! I haven't been called ma'am in months. My heart smiled. It made me miss Texas boys.


Other things that made my heart smile this week include:

This video. It's pretty much my life.

This other video. I'm so proud.

This handy dandy website. Super helpful in the kitchen.

This cheddar cheese. I haven't seen yellow cheddar since I moved here. Apparently, it's called "coloured cheddar." Who knew?


This picture.

Skyping with my sweet sweet friend to figure out what we're gonna do when she visits me here soon!

The flowers Hannah and I bought ourselves because it was Friday and, well, why not?



Things that have not made me smile? Well that'd be:

Forms that make me list my address history. Where have I lived in the past 5 years? More like, where haven't I lived in the past 5 years...

Running out of vanilla while I'm trying to make frosting.

Finding a massive run in my new gray tights the first time I wore them..after I'd already left the house.

Not being sure whether the proper spelling is "g-r-A-y" or "g-r-E-y."

Realizing that I'm rapidly approaching the real-life-adult status that requires that I find a full time job.

Not being able to play tennis because of the rain.

The absurdly high price that the university charges for color prints. 40p per page? Seriously? I'm a poor grad student.



But, let's be honest. Even though the things on this second list may be frustrating or inconvenient, they definitely don't outnumber or overwhelm the good stuff. I spend most of my life smiling.

Hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment