Monday, May 14, 2012

Caffeine highs and hallelujahs.

Today was deadline day. One of them, at least.

I got up early, piled my hair on top of my head (because, let's be honest, a shower just wasn't going to happen), grabbed a sweatshirt and headed out the door. In typical finals fashion, I wore my glasses, which wasn't the best idea since it was raining. And rain and glasses don't exactly get along.

But I made it to uni and turned in my essays...all 49 pages of them. Hallelujah! 

I then treated myself to coffee and tried not skip down the street as I sang praises to Jesus under my breath all the way home. So happy to finally be done with those.

It's okay, Starbucks. I'll forgive the impressively poor attempt at spelling my name
since this caramel macchiato was particularly delightful.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not done. But I'm almost done. Only one more essay to go. Once that's in, I'll have written over 16,000 words this semester. Did I mention that's 6,000 more than the suggested minimum word count for my dissertation? Yeah. Cool.

And now, seeing as how I'm tired of staring at computer screens, and I'm rapidly coming off my caffeine-on-an-empty-stomach high, I think I'll take a little nap.

Goodnight, world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment