Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday stroll.

My Sundays typically look something like this: train to Waterloo Station, Northern line to Tottenham Court Road, church at the Dominion Theatre, Northern line to Waterloo, train home. But today, the sun was so shiny, and the sky was so blue, I decided that I didn't want to spend my time underground. So rather than take the Northern line, I decided to walk to Waterloo. 

But here's the thing: I didn't know how to get to Waterloo from the Dominion Theatre. All I knew was that when I pictured it on the map, it was southeast-ish. Now, I'm not the best at maps and directions and such (understatement of the year), but I do know that the sun sets in the west, so I figured if I could keep my shadow in front and a little to the left of me, I'd be going the right direction. And, what do ya know! I made it there...eventually. But I definitely took the scenic route.

Still, my dad would have been proud.

I got an ice cream cone and strolled down Oxford Street for a bit, before heading over to Piccadilly Circus. Then I went on to St. James's park, down around Westminster, and along the river, where I walked across the bridge and found my way to the station.









Lovely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment