Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today could have been a disaster.

I had to give a presentation this morning. I woke up early, got ready, made breakfast...and just as I was walking out the door, the bus drove off without me.

Oops.

But that was fine, because I was really early. Plus the buses typically come every 10(ish) minutes. No problem.

Twenty-three minutes later, the next bus finally arrived. Then there was a ton of traffic. I was getting nervous. My group had planned to meet a little early to make sure we had everything read to go. I arrived a little later than expected, which really bothered me since I hate being late. But it turned out that was fine, since one of my group members arrived just as I did. We walked into the building, got on the elevator, the doors slid shut...and nothing happened. We were stuck.

I don't panic easily. But I had a presentation to do.

We weren't stuck for too long (PTL!), and made it into the classroom with plenty of time to set up. Our presentation went really well. It was fun, and the class actually participated, which was a major concern since we had no control over that aspect. Afterward, we asked our prof. for some feedback. She said (and I quote), "I don't have any negatives!"

Hallelujah. That presentation accounts for 30% of my overall grade. And now it's done and I don't have to worry about anything till an essay in November. Love it.

Oh, and the fire alarm went off during class and everyone had to exit the building. But thankfully we had just finished presenting. So despite a rough start and an interesting rest of the class, everything went really well.

And now I'm done till Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment