Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend sightseeing.

Yesterday, I went to Hampton Court Palace, which was the favorite vacation spot of Henry VIII. I didn't really take any pictures (oops!), so if you'd like to see it, click here.

Today, I spent the day in Oxford. We had a tour of the university, and the buildings were absolutely beautiful. See for yourself:





Appropriate, right?

After the tour, we got a few hours to explore. We popped in and out of several cute antique stores, and had lunch in a little tavern.


It's apparently quite popular. The burgers were tasty, and they had really good mulled wine, which might be my new favorite wintry drink. 

Next time I'm in Oxford, I want to visit the Eagle and Child, -- a pub where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien spent a lot of time. We saw it, but didn't actually get a chance to go in.

But I live here, so it's not like I'll never get the chance to go back.

(Crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment