Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rugby.

We wanted to play rugby last Tuesday. Instead, we spent 2 hours wandering around looking for a park. And we found plenty. The problem was that none of them were open to the public.
But we had a good walk. Plus, we found a fox.

Today, we tried again. And we were successful! We found this great park -- big fields, a playground (with a zipline!), basketball courts, tennis courts and a miniature golf course. Perfect.

We played "played" rugby for about an hour. Now, when I think of rugby, I think of this:


But thankfully there was none of that. Charlie did hit himself in the face though. But don't worry, Hannah and I were really polite about it...you know, rolling on the ground laughing and all.

The wind was crazy, so I'm blaming my total lack of rugby skills on that.

Here's what I learned: (1) Rugby balls bounce funny, (2) I can catch better than I can throw, and (3) I'm really out of shape. 

Seriously though, I'm going to be super sore tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment