Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! These randoms are going to be slightly less random than usual. Here are some of the things I love about living here, so far.

Digestives - These are biscuits (the British-serve-with-tea kind, not the American-smother-with-gravy kind), and they taste a lot like graham crackers. Except a bit more crumbly. Love them.

Weird name, I know.

Tea - I've always been more of a coffee kind of girl. Tea was reserved for when my throat was hurting. But ever since I got here, I've really started liking tea. Maybe it's because I've only ever added honey, and cream/milk makes a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, coffee is still my first love. But tea has become a [marginally] close second.

Red buses - You know those red double decker buses that everyone associates with England? I ride one (or two or three...) every day.

Aero mint chocolate - Oh my word. How did I not know this existed?! This light minty bar of chocolate tastes almost exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream, so of course I love it. I froze a bar and had it with hot coffee. Heavenly.

 

Cold weather - It's not really cold yet. But I love actually getting to wear wintery clothes. I feel totally justified in buying things like scarves, which isn't really the case in Southeastern New Mexico and/or Central Texas.

Wifi - It's back, and I'm so happy.

The Lion King - Yes, I know this isn't just a London thing. But a big group of us went to see it in theaters last night, and it was so so fun. Which brings me to...

My building - Sure, there's still a lot of work being done. Yes, we complain about the equipment and builders all the time. But the people here are wonderful. It's hard to believe I've only known them for just under a month. People are always dropping in to say hello and chat (and eat the things we bake, so we're not stuck with two dozen scones), and I find myself laughing all the time. Speaking of laughing...

Flat 1 - I seriously could not have asked for better roommates! We're all pretty laid back and we get along so well. These ladies crack me up, but are also incredibly helpful and kind and easy to talk to. I really lucked out.

Flat 1, representin'

And it's also nice that we have...

Our giant kitchen - We joke about it all the time, but it really is wonderful. We're all pretty fond of cooking, so it's nice to have so much space. Plus, its become a bit of a hang out place for a lot of other people in the building. And I love it.


  That's all for now. Enjoy your Wednesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment