Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

Some musings:

I've noticed my web ads are starting to change. They still look the exact same, but instead of promising to help me "lose 20 lbs," I've now got the opportunity to "lose 4 stone."

Same product, better results. Thanks, UK.


No one here eats candy corn. And people legitimately asked me if it tastes like corn.

I don't notice accents as much as I used to. At least not the ones belonging to the people I spend most of my time with. It used to be that I'd kind of stop listening to what was being said because I'd be focusing on how it was being said. But not so much anymore.

I've started picking up phrases (especially "I can't be bothered"). I really want to be able to say "cheers" but I don't think I could pull it off. Maybe if I said "cheers, y'all," instead.

Today I bought tickets for a postgrad boat party. And so did half my hall. We're pretty much gonna own that event.

It's funny learning about American culture from British people. The other day I admitted to a friend that I'd never seen Sex In the City, and she said, "But you're American!" and promised to bring me the box set. The same sort of thing has happened with Jersey Shore.

Speaking of Jersey Shore, there are several versions of that here, including The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore. Why anyone would want another show like that is beyond me.

And I was asked to explain Glenn Beck to my political communication class. That was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment