Friday, December 16, 2011

Deadlines.

I know I've already mentioned this, but I've got three essays due in January. The first two (a 1000 word critical review and a 2000 word essay) are due the 5th, and the third (a 2500 word essay) is due the 12th. Now, I could pretend that I'd get some work done while I'm home, but who are we kidding?

That just won't happen.

So I've been working hard to wrap up these first two before I leave on Sunday. And while I typically don't like to wait till the last minute, I don't think I've ever started working on a paper more than a month before it's actually due. But it's got to be done, so I've given myself deadlines.

My first deadline was last Friday. I wanted to finish my critical review before the weekend, and I did! So I took the whole weekend (plus Monday) off, and it was awesome. My next deadline is tomorrow. To reach it, I decided to write 500 words a day. I'm just over 1300 words right now, so I'm right on track.

Oh, hey cyberpolitics. Thanks for stealing my Christmas joy.

And basically the only reason I'm writing about this is because it's literally all I've been doing the past few days. Except for the time I waste deliberately (you know, to remind my papers that they don't own me and I can do what I want), there's really nothing else going on. Sorry I'm boring.

This is my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment