Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snowman cookies.

Baking 40ish cookies = a productive day, right? Okay, good. Because that's what I did yesterday.

They were just standard sugar cookies that I iced to look like melting snowmen.* It was a nice break from uni work.


They're festive and fun. And they're really simple. Here's how to do it:

1. Bake some sugar cookies. They don't need to be perfectly round. Actually, it's better if they're kind of misshapen. They're supposed to be puddles, after all. 


2. Whip up some icing. Once the cookies have cooled, ice the cookies, making sure to let the icing drip over a bit. Microwave some marshmallows. There are three things to remember if you don't want to end up with a sticky mess: (1) Grease the plate beforehand, (2) watch them closely and don't let them double in size, and (3) grease your fingers before trying to take them off the plate. Then stick each one on a cookie and let the icing set before decorating.


3. Once the icing is set, decorate! This is the fun part. I put scarves and bow ties on mine, but that's up to you!


*I wish I could take credit for these little guys, but I got the idea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment