Friday, December 23, 2011

Many the miles.

In the last five days, I've covered almost 7,000 miles. From London to DC to Albuquerque. From Albuquerque to home. From home to Waco, and back. And (weather permitting) we'll be headed north this afternoon.


My flight home was exhausting. I left London around noon on Sunday, and after almost 18 hours of travel, I arrived in Albuquerque at around 11pm the same day. Time zones are crazy.

By the time I landed, I'd been awake for 24 hours. I'm no good at sleeping on planes, and screaming children don't really help. And I absolutely love kids, but having six within three rows of me on my transatlantic flight made me really grateful for headphones. On the way to Albuquerque, I sat by the most complainy (is that a word?) lady ever. And she wiped everything down with an antiseptic wipe before take-off.

 
We got up early the next morning, and after a really good breakfast burrito (my first in ages...hallelujah!), we braved the blizzard and drove the 270ish miles home.




Then it was on to Texas, where I got to spend a couple of days with some of my favorite people in the world. I haven't cried that much in months...and it was all because I was laughing so hard pretty much the entire time. My poor abs. Worth it.



And now, here I am at home, waiting to see if the interstate is going to be open or if we're gonna have to wait till tomorrow to go to grandpa's. But as difficult as it makes traveling, the snow sure is pretty.

So I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment