Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

I know I talk about it all the time, but I've got to mention my Bears again this week (sorry/not sorry). We had a great game against Texas over the weekend. We were only up by 3 at half, but finished the game with a 48-24 victory. That win put us at 9-3 overall, and we were 7-0 at home. Plus, we're going to a bowl game. A great way to end the season. Love it.

Aaaaand our quarterback, Robert Griffin III (aka RG3), was selected as a Heisman finalist. Half of my Baylor friends have added "III" to their names on Facebook in support. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed till Saturday, when they announce the winner.

"I plead the third."

Back to randoms:

The weather has continued to be crazy good. It's snowing all over the place back home, but we've had blue skies. Yes, it's cold, but it's totally bearable. And it gives me an excuse to bust out my favorite hats and scarves.

I've pretty much had Christmas music on constantly for the past week. I made a Spotify playlist that I'm in love with (though my flatmates probably hate by now). It includes this, this and this, to name a few.

Something a couple other Americans and I talked about recently was walking. We do it a lot here. But it can get confusing, because we're still not entirely sure what side to stay to. We figure we're supposed to stay left, since that's how they drive. But there are so many international people here that there's really no rhyme or reason. As a result, stairs can get really complicated.

Finally, I continue to be the American representative in my classes. One in particular has been pretty awkward as of late. The last couple of weeks, we've focused on globalization -- American cultural imperialism in particular. As usual, I'm expected to have some insight, but really I just keep feeling the need to apologize since my country is apparently deliberately and systematically destroying other countries' traditions and national identities in everything from food to music. I'm sorry there are McDonalds in the Himalayas, okay? I didn't do it!

Happy Wednesday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment