Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

I hadn't initially planned on going home for Christmas. But now I've got a ticket, and I'm headed back to 'merica on Sunday! So this set of randoms will give you an idea of what I'm most excited for.

In no particular order:

Driving! Oh my gosh, how I've missed driving. It's been over three months since I've been behind the wheel. I can't wait to climb in my car and just go somewhere. And I'll have plenty of opportunity, considering I'm driving to and from Texas (about 16 hours roundtrip) while I'm home. Speaking of...

Texas! I'm not from there, but the Lone Star State treated me pretty well during the four years I lived there. I'm just sad it's not bluebonnet season. Oh well, at least there's Blue Bell ice cream and...

Baylor! I can't wait to be back on campus. It feels like home. Plus, they've done a lot of remodeling since I last visited, and I can't wait to see it. I'm going to get a Cowboy Coffee from Common Grounds and walk the Bear Trail with my...

Soul friends! Well, two of them, at least. I can't even tell you how excited this makes me. These girls are the funniest people in the world, and I've been missing them like crazy. I haven't seen Kim since she left for Namibia last summer (she came back around the time I moved), and even though I got to see Alexis right before leaving for the UK, it's been three months. And three months is way too long. And, come to think of it, I don't think the three of us have gotten together since Alexis' wedding last June. Bring on the reunion. Speaking of reunions...

Family! I love my family. My mom came over here in September to help move me in, and my dad was here last month, but I still miss them. And I haven't seen my brother since August, which is weird. Plus, Christmas for my family means getting to see a whole lot of people. We typically have a full house, and there's always so many delicious things to eat. Which brings me to...

Mexican food! Obviously, England is not exactly known for Mexican food, so I wasn't expecting much, but I just haven't found any here. (Surprisingly, there was a pretty good place in Wales, but it still wasn't quite the same.) I can't wait for carne adovada, chips and salsa, tortillas, refried beans, and guacamole...Tomasita's here I come!

And finally, the scenery! I miss stars and sunsets and wide open spaces (cue Dixie Chicks...), and I can't wait to be back home in the fair state of New Mexico.

In case you can't tell, I'm really excited. And while I've always loved it, this song has never meant so much to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment