Friday, December 30, 2011

Jet lag.

It's just past noon here, but it's 5 in the morning body time. I've been awake almost 24 hours. I really want to sleep, but I can't. If I do, I won't be able to sleep tonight, and I'll be even more jet lagged in the morning.

The flight back was nice. Not only was there an empty seat next to me, but the only other person in my row was a really sweet American girl about my age who was visiting London for the first time. I was actually able to answer quite a few of her questions, which always makes me feel good. I like to be helpful.

It was dark as we were coming into London, but the city was glowing. It was beautiful. Like twinkle lights. And since the Eye was lit up in blue, it was really easy to spot, helping me figure out where all the other major landmarks were.

The Tower Bridge looks really neat from up high.

I tried to take a picture of the lights, but it didn't really work, so you'll just have to use your imagination. Or you could just click here.

Anyway, it was a lovely welcome back treat.

Thanks, London.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment